Sunshine Adventures

Enjoy Life...Be Happy!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summertime and the livin'easy

Hi Friends...I know I have been a bit absent these days...but a ton of things have happened in the last few months!
Here's the short version;
Dan moved back to Philly to continue his jorney to becoming an amazing chef...he loves his family & friends back home...and really wanted to be near them.
My health has been ifffy the last few months, so I choose to stay in the mountians and to take advantage of the fresh mountian air. I'm not out of the woods yet...but I have choosen to take it to the woods :)
I recently was hired at Meet the Wilderness, a great non-profit that takes urban chicago youth into the backcountry to camp, hike and climb. Most of these youth have never done anything close to camping and we get to introduce them to the great outdoors. It combines my love of at-risk-youth, teambuilding and camping....I am so excited!
Tomorrow, we go on our staff trip. I'm looking forward to getting out there and being away from all the things that have made my life a bit crazy!
This summer I hope to learn how to open up and ask for support. I'm a bit lost without Dan and now need to learn to reach out to my friends & family. I have never been that great at reaching out...but I can learn.
Most of my friends are all across the country...so I need to use this to communicate and reach out.
For those of you who have been so great and understanding always..thank-you. (you know who you are).
Change is good and growth isn't easy.
Please send me good energy and love
I love and miss you all!

No comments: