Sunshine Adventures

Enjoy Life...Be Happy!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

a sense of family

I was so nervous when I started my new adventure as a Meet the Wilderness guide. I thought can I keep up, will I be able to fake being normal? (That is normal, not having CF) Will they see that I have more to offer than being an outdoor expert?

Well I couldn't fake normal...I huffed and puffed down the trail, I coughed and begged for a two minute break and I cried..several times...frusturated with my body and stamina and the feeling of failing to be normal. This is how it went on our hike days. I tried not to complain, but I did say FUCK! under my breath a few times.

But at the end of these days, the other guides supported me, assured me that they saw my courage and my struggle. They could recognize how hard I was working to be there and that my struggle showed my integrity.

They gave me the space to be me. A quailty you would expect from a family. A highly functional and positive family. I may not be the fastest, I may not be able to climb mountians with ease, but I know if I continue to be me...someone will be inspired by me, my life and my story.

Thank-you to my new MTW family for reminding me that I just need to be me and I don't need to compete to be "normal" with any one!

love kreature

No comments: