Sunshine Adventures

Enjoy Life...Be Happy!

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

live life to be free

It is amazing how traveling provides such a sense of freedom. I have spent the last two weeks on a great adventure full of fun and new experiences. The first week I spent five days with the most insightful and unique bunch of people, in one of the most beautiful places...Orcas island. This week provided me with enough love and acceptance to remind myself that i am damn lucky to be who I am and that my life has brought me to these people and places for a reason. At the time I felt as if i was being rescused from my inapporiate sense of self doubt. Having this experience, I was able to align myself...to take a bigger leap to the country of Canada. Vancouver, Canada at this point has to be one of my favoriate cities of all time. Arriving in Canada, I felt at ease...the hustle and bustle was just a touch slower than any city in the US. The canadians were charming and helpful....and smiled whenever eye contact was made.
I was able to tour the city completely thanks to a dear friend who made free scooters avaliable and provided a great walking tour of the city.
As I think about all the people I have seen and met in the last month...I turn the looking glass on to me. How can I become more true to me. It is obvious that I am here..I just need a bit of tweeking to feel more purposeful in this life. I have allowed my circumstance to dictate who I am. So now I need to take the reigns;

I think travel will always be in my heart, I feel completely free and whole when I see new places. Even though I have wanted to settle in a place....I don't think that is who I am. I need travel to appericate the world and my temporary home.

I also belive that I need to get in touch with my creative side...I met some beautifully creative people...who ooooozed of self confidence and determination. They are following their dreams, and doing it without fear. I also had someone introduce me to partner dancing...it was what they called blues dancing..It was in between Swing and Patrick Swazye's dirty dancing ( leave it to canada to muddle the lines) But I was fortunate enough to dance with a great lead...who really also knew how to teach. I was so empowered my being lead on the dance floor...allowing someone else to take the lead....created space for me to enjoy the spins and movement that only dance can create. I didn't know that I had that in me...I love finding out that I have hidden skills that I haven't even found yet.

I spent my week in canada watching fireworks, looking at the ocean and creating a space within me for others. It ended in a lively celebration of the biggest gay pride event that I have ever seen. All walks of canadian people were represented...families, gays young and old, children. They have so much respect for each other...It provides a great backdrop for growth.

I hope I can take as much as I can from this experience...I really want to hold it close to my core. It made me feel whole again...I know vacation is a short-lived high....soon life will take over a create a distraction and soon it will be just memories.

But it is these experience..I live for.

I thank everyone and everything....

This could not have come at a better time.

No comments: