Sunshine Adventures

Enjoy Life...Be Happy!

Thursday, May 15, 2008

preparing to be single

Good Morning!
Many women when going thorugh a divorce, break-up or seperation..find single life terrifiing! After speaking to a good girlfriend, she is considering leaving her boyfriend. I have already made the commitment to let mine go. He leaves June 1st.

Our fears of leaving the relationship presents itself in many ways;
Will I find someone better that who I am with?
What if this is the best one I will ever get?
What if I regret this decision once it is made?
How can I possibly get back to dating?
What if no one loves me, treats me, cares about me as much as he does?

We immediatley assume we aren't beautiful, good, or smart enough to catch another great guy.

We even ask the question...I may not be happy now...but this is good enough, and we turn back on ourselves by saying I am just being too picky!

As I prepare to be single, I find myself re-inventing who I am. When you enter a relationship you sacrifice ideas, hobbies and the single lifestyle you choose to leave behind. After living in this relationship you become a unit..where one relys on the other.

I think the hardest time comes when you try to remember who you were when you were single and how you can regain that indepence while still taking the things you learned from your relationship.

Everything happens for a reason they say. Single life is unpredictable, crazy and hopefully fun.
I am preparing by keeping a positive attitude, being open and being willing to see all the possibilities that may come my way. Oh the life of a single woman!

love kreature

No comments: